The basic premise of our belief system is that the truth of God revealed in his word the Bible is sufficient for all matters of faith and practice. We hold scripture as verbally inspired, supernaturally preserved in the Greek and Hebrew manuscripts, and accurately translated in the English Authorized Version.
Doctrinally, we are Baptist. We believe that the Bible is the full doctrinal statement for every baptist church and hold to the traditional baptist distinctive because they come from the scriptures. They are as follows:
- Biblical authority
- Autonomy of the local church
- Priesthood of the Believer
- Ordinances of Baptism and Lord?s Supper
- Individual Atonement
- Saved Church Membership
- Bible teaching of the Godhead or Trinity
We are fundamentalist in position because we hold to the five fundamentals of the faith.
- The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:1; John 20:28; Heb. 1:8-9), the Creator God Himself (Col. 1:16; compare Gen. 1:1); Who "laid the foundation of the earth" (Heb. 1:10-12; compare Psalms 102:24-27).
- The Virgin Birth (Isaiah 7:14; Mt. 1:23; Luke 1:27).
- The Blood Atonement (Acts 20:28; Ro. 3:25; Ro. 5:9; Eph. 1:7; Heb. :12-14).
- The Bodily Resurrection (Luke 24:36-46; 1 Cor. 15:1-4; 1 Cor. 15:14-15).
- The inerrancy of the scriptures themselves (Psalms 12:6-7; Ro. 15:4; 2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:20).
Many baptists disagree on some important doctrinal matters, so here we will
plainly state where our church stands on certain issues. We believe that God and
His Word are eternal. Because of this we do not believe in cultural relevance or
hold to the contemporary christian movement which emphasizes making the church
relevant to culture, but believe instead that we should conform our church culture
to God and the commands in the holy scriptures. Because of this we are
traditional in service because we serve an unchanging God. We do not hold
inflexibly to church traditions, but to the unchanging commands of scriptures.
Regarding the Scriptures, we believe that the King James Version of the Bible
is the best in the English language because it most accurately reflects the
original text of the Bible. Regarding end times, we believe the Scripture
clearly teaches a pre-tribulation rapture. See
Dr. Rick Flanders
practical paper on the end times (pdf) [used by permission]. We are willing
to defend these beliefs,
but believe that stating plainly these things should help anyone wishing
to understand our position.
Our position on Calvinism can be read in the article
Dr. Rick Flanders Beef
with Calvinism (pdf) [used by permission].